Thursday 17 January 2013

Not your normal tube announcements

Tube AnnouncerUnderground signTime Out London's blog, Now. Here. This., has teamed up with Annie Mole, writer of the Going Underground blog, to present some of the best announcements heard on the London Underground.

These announcements vary between being heard on the trains or on the platforms, and are not the usual "mind the gap" or "stand clear of the doors" you would normally encounter whilst circumnavigating the tube network.

Here's a selection of our favourites, see the rest here.

“Ladies and gentleman, I’m sorry for the delay. I have just been informed this is due to people on the ROOF of the train ahead. Yes, you are probably thinking some of the things I am, but that’s what I’ve been told by my control.”

“Ladies and gentleman, I do apologise for the delay to your service. I know you’re all dying to get home. Unless you happen to be married to my ex-wife, in which case you’ll want to cross over to the Westbound and go in the opposite direction.”

“To the hilarious gentleman that just showed me his bum. I suggest you join a gym or go on a diet before waving it around in the future”.

“Would the lady going down the escalator please lower her umbrella. It doesn’t rain underground.”

No comments: